Find a copy in the library
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780415778831 0415778832 9780203864364 0203864360|
|Description:||x, 237 p. ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Downward spiral? : interrogating narratives of environmental change in the Himalaya / John J. Metz --
Healing landscapes : sacred and rational nature in Nepal's Ayurvedic medicine / Mary Cameron --
Perceptions of forests among Yakkha of East Nepal : exploring the social and cultural context / Andrew Russell --
A forest community or community forestry? : beliefs, meanings and nature in north-western Nepal / Andrea Nightingale --
Where God's children live : symbolizing forests in Nepal / Jana Fortier --
Clear mountains, blurred horizons : Limbu perception of their physical world / T.B. Subba --
The role of religion in conservation and degradation of forests : examples from the Kumaun Himalaya / Safia Aggarwal --
The abuse of religion and ecology : the Vishva Hindu Parishad and Tehri Dam / Emma Mawdsley --
Restoration and revival : remembering the Bagmati civilization / Anne M. Rademacher --
Beyond cultural models of the environment : linking subjectivities of dwelling and power / Ben Campbell.
|Series Title:||Routledge contemporary South Asia series, 24.|
"The sharper chapters take advantage of the shared questions of power, misguided planning, and the social perception of the environment to advance our theoretical toolkit well beyond the modest
- Human ecology -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Forest ecology -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Forest conservation -- Himalaya Mountains.
- Global environmental change.
- Himalaya Mountains -- Environmental conditions.
User lists with this item (4)
- Great Scots: Recent Books by Macalester Faculty, Staff, Students, & Alumni(208 items)
by MacalesterCollegeLibrary updated about a month ago
- Great Scots Test(172 items)
by gabrio updated 2012-04-18
- New Books October 2011(20 items)
by TylorLibrary updated 2011-10-21
- Great Scots: Recent Books by Macalester Faculty, Staff, Students, & Alumni(172 items)
by dmaestre updated 2011-08-04